Looking for a new opportunity to use your skills and experience working with a compassionate organization, in a brand new building, with new furnishings and state-of-the-art equipment? Come join our Hospice team!
Hospice Halifax is a compassionate and supportive community of staff members, volunteers and donors dedicated to providing the best end-of-life care possible for patients and their families. Our new Hospice residence will be opening its doors this spring. Check out our website and Facebook page.
Hospice Halifax is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from Aboriginal People, African Canadians and racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to our Hospice community.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: CEO/Controller
Hours of Work: 8-Hour Days, Monday to Friday
Primary Function of Position
Working with our Hospice team, this position is responsible for providing general administrative and clerical services, with an emphasis on the processing of donations and maintaining the donor database. The position supports the work of the CEO and clinical staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative assistance to the CEO as required.
- Manages incoming mail and responds, as required.
- Processes, records, deposits and receipts all donations from all sources. Prepares and mails letters of thanks for donations, notifications for in-memoriam donations, etc.
- Maintains database of contact information for all Hospice stakeholders, new and old.
- Supports communications tasks (social media, web site, mailed materials, telephone)
- Updates stakeholders on events and information of interest; sends out reminders of membership renewal, newsletters, invitations and other correspondence.
- Responds to in-coming calls
- Provides support for events, including mail-outs, public service announcements, information packages, Social Media, etc.
- Manages the reception desk and trains volunteers on reception duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Books visitors in the guest suite
- Maintains and updates all contact lists (staff, volunteers, physicians, nurses, etc.)
- Organizes the schedule for updating and maintaining medical/nursing policy manuals as required
- Assist with preparation of new patient charts and shredding of old charts.
- Assists in preparation of presentations, forms and documents
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possesses cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Tact and discretion in dealing with and handling confidential information.
- Displays confidence and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and use good judgment in assessing difficult situations.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- High level of computer literacy, including use of databases (e.g. eTapestry, Raizer’s Edge), Word, Excel, Power Point, Quick Books, Google Drive and other more current applications for handling multiple documents.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary administrative or business program.
- Minimum of 2 years of administrative experience in general office responsibilities and procedures
- Not-for-profit administrative experience an asset.
- General knowledge of Hospice Halifax or other hospice societies
- Knowledge of principles and practices of office management, organization and general administration.
- Supports efforts at recycling and reusing where appropriate
- Participates on committees as required and meets regularly with the Hospice staff team
- Participates in Hospice fundraising activities (e.g. Hike for Hospice)
- Represents Hospice Halifax in the community.
NOTE: Competition closing date: Friday, February 15, 2019
Start date for the position is approximately mid-March
We are not able to respond to phone or email enquiries. Only those who receive an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be taking place the last week of February.
Please forward your resume and cover letter directly to email@example.com.