Position Title: Administrative Coordinator
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Primary Function of Position
This position is responsible for providing administrative, bookkeeping and clerical services necessary to ensure effective and efficient operations of Hospice Halifax. The position supports the work of the CEO, Board of Directors and hospice managers.
Duties and Responsibilities
Bookkeeping and Related Duties:
- Prepares monthly office staff vacation, overtime and attendance reports
- Provides assistance to managers and their staff regarding inputting hours into the PayWorks system
- Processes new hire payroll documentation
- Pays all invoices
- Works with fundraising events to provide floats, cash boxes and receive monies
- Posts AP/AR in accounting software
- Creates monthly financial statements for CEO and Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Assists with annual audit by external auditor.
- Provides budgets and related reports for internal use and for stakeholders including NSHA, Housing NS, banks and others
- Track revenues from meal sales
- Other bookkeeping and accounting functions as required
General Administrative Duties:
- Provides general administrative support to the CEO and managers
- Supports communications tasks (social media, web site, mailed materials).
- Answers inbound phone calls, or directs volunteers who are doing so.
- Manages incoming mail and responds, as required.
- Provides support for events with mail-outs, public service announcements, information packages, Social Media, etc.
- Enlists volunteers to help with these duties as required.
- Orders promotional materials for events and office use
- Orders all office supplies
- Point of contact for Registry of Joint Stocks, PayWorks, Workers Compensation and employee group benefits insurance
- Manages Google Administrative Account
- Training volunteers for reception duties
- Other duties as assigned
- Shares responsibility for donor related activities when the Stewardship and Development Coordinator is absent or on vacation
Board of Directors Duties:
- Assists the Board and committees with scheduling meetings; collects committee reports, arranges meeting space and equipment as needed
- Manages all Board documents.
This position requires significant attention to detail and accuracy. Bookkeeping and accounting require account balances be maintained to the highest standards. In addition this position exposes the employee to vast amounts of confidential information, and maintaining confidentiality is a key attribute for this role.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Tact and discretion in dealing with and handling confidential information.
- Confidence and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and use good judgment in assessing difficult situations.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- High level of computer literacy, including QuickBooks,Word, Excel, Power Point, Google Suite and other applications for handling multiple documents.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary administrative or office management program.
- Minimum of 3 years of administrative experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in general office responsibilities and procedures
- General knowledge of Hospice Halifax or other hospice societies
- Knowledge of principles and practices of bookkeeping and accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of office management, organization and general administration.
- Supports efforts at reducing, recycling and reusing where appropriate
- Participates on committees as required and meets regularly with the Hospice staff team
- May provide general guidance to volunteers on a daily basis
- Participates in Hospice fundraising activities (e.g. Hike for Hospice)
- Represents Hospice Halifax in the community.
We are looking for the successful applicant to begin work as soon as possible. This job posting will be posted until a successful applicant is found.
We are not able to respond to phone inquiries. Only those who receive an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume and cover letter directly to email@example.com