POSITION TITLE: Fund Development & Bookkeeping Assistant (Download Job Description)
REPORTS TO: Finance Manager
Hospice Halifax is a compassionate and supportive community of staff members, volunteers, and donors dedicated to making dying and living as comfortable and meaningful as possible at the end of life. Our hospice residence is an inclusive space where individuals and their families receive personalized and dignified end-of-life care.
Hospice Halifax continues to take action against racism and discrimination in the workplace and to identify and address systemic barriers to full and equal participation. As such, each member of our team must be committed to fostering a safe working environment where all members of the team experience an authentic sense of inclusion and belonging.
Hospice Halifax is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work culture. We welcome and encourage applicants who are BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ and persons with (dis)abilities to self-identify in their cover letter.
Primary function of the Position:
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Donor Relations & Grants
- Assists the Financial Coordinator with developing, implementing and managing a comprehensive donor stewardship plan;
- Assists with the execution of an annual fundraising and donor engagement strategy;
- Performs activities to acknowledge gifts (tax receipts, thank you cards, phone calls, letters, etc)
- Tracks and maintains stewardship information and donor interests in the donor database;
- Performs analytics for the Fund Development Team
- Provides back-up for other administrative positions as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
2. Bookkeeping & Accounting
- Processes supplier invoices;
- Post general
- Enters deposit information for both Hospice Halifax and our retail store, the Compassionate Closet
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
Skills & Abilities
- Possesses cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Demonstrated tact and discretion in dealing with and handling confidential information;
- Displays confidence and enthusiasm;
- Ability to work independently and as part of team;
- Able to maintain a high level of accuracy;
- Strong customer service orientation and customer service skills
- High level of computer literacy, including QuickBooks, Word, Excel, Power Point, Google Suite and other applications for handling multiple documents. Strong abilities with Excel are required.
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary administrative or business program (New grads welcome to apply!)
- Administrative and donor relations experience desired
- Knowledge of principles and practices of office management, organization and general administration;
- Knowledge of general principles and practices of bookkeeping
- Participates in Hospice fundraising activities (e.g. Hike for Hospice, Hats Off, Feeling the Love gala)
- Represents Hospice Halifax in the community.
Thank you for your interest in working with Hospice Halifax.
We are not able to respond to applicants by phone, email, or facebook. Only those who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Posting closes Monday, March 8th, 2021.