Position Title: Front Desk Receptionist
Reports to: Stewardship & Development Coordinator
Hours of Work: Full time
Primary Function of Position
Hospice Halifax is a community of compassion and care dedicated to providing the best end of life possible for patients and their families. This position is the friendly, smiling face of Hospice Halifax and is responsible for providing general reception and administrative services.
Hospice Halifax is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from Aboriginal People, African Canadians and racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to our Hospice community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes phone and in-person donations;
- Assists the Stewardship and Development Coordinator with inputting information into the donor database;
- Provide management reports on donations
- Prepares and mails in-memoriam, thank you, and other cards;
- Assists the Stewardship and Development Coordinator in preparing tax receipts, thanking first-time donors;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Greets families and other guests, ensuring everyone signs in and out of the building;
- Answers and directs incoming calls;
- Handles courier and other deliveries;
- Orders some office supplies and employee name tags;
- Books visitors into the Hospice guest suite;
- Provides support for events, including mail-outs, public service announcements, information packages, payment receipts, etc.;
- Keeps organization statistics (e.g. safety, fire, visitors);
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent penmanship.
- Possesses cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Tact and discretion in dealing with and handling confidential information.
- Displays confidence and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Computer literacy, including use of Google Suite of services, Microsoft Office products.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary administrative or business program an asset – new graduates welcome
- Administrative experience in general office responsibilities and procedures
- Knowledge of principles and practices of office management, organization and general administration.
- Supports efforts at recycling and reusing where appropriate
- Participates on committees as required and meets regularly with the Hospice staff team
- Participates in Hospice fundraising activities (e.g. Hike for Hospice)
- Represents Hospice Halifax in the community.
Thank you for your interest in working with Hospice Halifax.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: March 11th