Grief & Bereavement Support Group
In-Person Grief Support Group
Our in-person group sessions take place every Saturday morning on the upper floor of the hospice residence.
The bereavement support group offers adults grieving a death a confidential time to share their concerns, triumphs, and day-to-day experiences. Trained facilitators guide discussion during the meeting.
Hospice Halifax offers grief and bereavement groups, which are intended to provide peer-based support with facilitators’ guidance, rather than counselling. The groups are for adults 18+ and are still free of charge. Open to Nova Scotian residents only.
There will be no group on the following days:
Before registering, please review our group guidelines.
In-Person Bereavement Support Group
- For adults 18+ currently residing in Nova Scotia
- Community members can come at any point in the grief process, whether their loved one died at a hospice or in another circumstance.
- Free of charge
- Saturday mornings from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. with the exception of some holidays. See calendar for details.
- Offered in-person on the second floor of Hospice Halifax
- Attendees are not required to mask, but masks are provided if you prefer to wear one.
- Please do not arrive at the hospice prior to 9:45 a.m.
Registration is no longer required for this group – drop ins are welcome!
If it is your first time attending, you will be asked to fill out a brief intake form. You can complete it in advance here if you prefer.
Additional Grief Support Groups
We recognize that not everyone is in the HRM or able to get out and about, so we have compiled a list of the many support groups available across Nova Scotia