6 Week Grief Counselling Group
6 Week Grief Group
The 6 Week Grief Counselling Group is a closed counselling style, psycho-educational grief group. Members commit to attending every week for 6 weeks, exploring grief through education, discussion, arts-based, and mindfulness activities. Facilitated by our Bereavement Social Worker and a Bereavement Volunteer.
- Offered virtually or in-person for 6 weeks
- Participants should plan to attend for the duration of the group
- For adults 18+ currently residing in Nova Scotia
- Participants are required to register their interest, and will be contacted by our Bereavement Social Worker for a brief phone intake and support in completing informed consent.
- Community members can come at any point in the grief process, whether the death occurred at Hospice Halifax or in another circumstance
- Free of charge
We are currently accepting interest for our Spring 2023 cycle. This group will be virtual on Wednesdays from 6-8 pm, from March 22, 2023 to April 26, 2023. Please register your interest through the sign up link above.
- March 22 – April 26, 2023 (Wednesday evenings, 6-8 pm)
- October 18 – November 22, 2023 (Wednesday evenings 6-8 pm)